Posted On: March 7, 2019
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: Consumer Reports
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit member organization that works side by side with consumers for truth, transparency, and fairness in the marketplace. We use our rigorous research, consumer insights, journalism, and policy expertise to inform purchase decisions, improve the products and services that businesses deliver, and drive regulatory and fair competitive practices.
In today’s rapidly evolving world, what we do at Consumer Reports must be as transformative and groundbreaking as the new technologies, products and services entering people's lives every day. We are passionate about our work because we know how much is at stake for you. We succeed in our mission every time your family gets a little bit safer, your finances get more secure, new technologies get more trustworthy, and the future gets that much brighter. Together we are creating a fairer, safer, and healthier world.
Forget spending your summer internship making coffee runs for your boss--our interns work with our amazing staff to help consumers make smarter choices--whether it's the big stuff (student loan debt anyone?) or everyday choices at the supermarket. Spend the summer developing skills that will serve your career goals while engaging in work that promotes facts, science, and smart public policy.
As a Consumer Reports intern, you'll stand with us as we stand alongside consumers. You'll work with us as we empower consumers with the knowledge they need to make free, informed, confident choices in the face of a complex marketplace. It's important work and it's been our thing for more than 80 years.
To get this work done, we are an independent (we take no ads!), nonprofit, social enterprise dedicated to celebrating and supporting our driven and diverse team. We look forward to having you join us in our mission to create a fairer, safer, and healthier world for all consumers.
The fine print:
• Internships are available to current full-time undergraduate students entering their junior or senior year or graduate students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• The program runs from June 3 2019 through August 16, 2018, with some flexibility to accommodate school schedules
• This is a paid internship, based on an hourly rate
• Internships are on-premises; we can not consider requests for remote positions
• We cannot pay any relocation or housing allowance
• Please specify in your application if you are seeking, and your school offers, academic credit for internships. Include the contact information for your academic Institution representative
• Internships are filled on a rolling basis. It is suggested that you apply as soon as possible
• Consumer Reports interns are considered trainees under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1973
• A fully-equipped gym with classes and wellness programs
• A subsidized café, open for breakfast and lunch with options ranging from grain bowls to bacon cheeseburgers
• A half-basketball court for after work pick-up games
• We provide, on a first-come, first serve basis, free shuttle service from locations on West 96th Street (Manhattan) and 242nd Street (Bronx).
How you'll be helping to make a difference:
• Work with the special projects team across all of our five focus areas: Health/Food, Technology, Home & Appliances, Money and Car
• Reporting, writing and research, as needed, toward creation and production of print and digital content
• Grad student in journalism currently enrolled or recently finished with a Master's Degree
• Strong writing, reporting, and research skills
• Passion for investigative and enterprise journalism and great ideas
Apply Online: http://www.Click2apply.net/4yw7nfgm6v9zkq7f