Posted On: March 21, 2019
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: Scholastic
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. Learn more at: www.scholastic.com
Junior Scholastic is looking for an editorial intern for Summer 2019. Applicants should have strong written and verbal communication skills and an interest in journalism, education, and/or writing for teenage readers.
About Junior Scholastic:
Junior Scholastic is the leading news magazine for middle school students. JS inspires teens across the country to stay informed and think critically about today’s most important topics—and then take action to make the world about place. We cover national and international current events, politics, the environment, cultural trends, and more. The magazine publishes 13 issues throughout the school year, each featuring US and world events coverage, history pieces, debates, and more, plus an accompanying Teacher’s Guide. Junior.Scholastic.com features breaking news articles, videos, lesson plans, skills sheets, and other digital resources.
- Assisting senior editors with feature production: researching, transcribing interviews, fact-checking, and proofreading stories
- Pitching, reporting, and writing news shorts
- Preparing teaching resources that accompany each issue
- Posting content on junior.scholastic.com
- Promoting Junior Scholastic on social media
- Communicating with subscribers and teacher-advisers
- Some administrative tasks
- Pursuing or recently received a degree in journalism, English, or a related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion and knowledge about current events and/or education
- Proficient with social media
10am-6pm, Monday-Friday (both full- and part-time positions available)
Please send resume, cover letter, and writing samples (if you have them) to Jane Nussbaum at email@example.com.