Posted On: April 4, 2019
Media Organization: Oxygen.com
Oxygen.com is the digital arm of Oxygen, NBCUniversal's true crime cable network.
Oxygen Media is seeking a Senior Digital Shows Producer for a one-year contract position to help manage and develop content related to Oxygen programming for digital platforms. The ideal candidate has a broad array of journalistic and digital editorial experience, including editing, writing, video storytelling, social media, and the ability to use research and real-time metrics in maximizing content performance.
The Senior Digital Shows Producer will be responsible for working with on-air programming, production companies, and digital producers and editors to develop long-range and episodic show content. Solid reporting, copy-editing, and fact-checking skills are crucial to this position.
Experience and interest in true crime content is highly desired – as is having a grasp on how to navigate legal risks like defamation. Proficiency in web publishing skills (HMTL, CMS environments, Photoshop) is a must. Candidates must be metrics and performance-focused, organized, and detail-oriented under deadline pressure.
• Manage producers and/or editors – assigning, editing and publishing true crime stories related to Oxygen programming.
• Develop and manage a long-range editorial plan for Oxygen programming.
• Work with audience development to create content that will excel on search engines and other platforms, including Social, Apple News, YouTube, etc.
• Serve as a liaison to on-air programming, production companies, and legal.
• Collaborate with video producers and social producers to create content for Oxygen.com and for its social platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat.
• Pay attention to research reports and real-time metrics to guide content strategies for maximizing unique visitors and video streams.
• Collaborate with social team to develop strategies for maximizing content performance.
• 5+ years of experience working for a media company or major website that generates original content, preferably in the true crime space.
• High degree of proficiency in writing: blogs, headlines, original reporting, interviewing skills, video scripts, and social media copy.
• High degree of proficiency in analyzing data from web and social reporting tools; Omniture, Facebook Insights, Crowdtangle, Pars.ly, etc.
• Experience with Photoshop.
• Knowledge of HTML and CMS environments.
• Ability to maintain a sense of humor.
• Sharp editorial judgment and skills (writing, copy editing, accuracy).
• Experience optimizing content for social media platforms.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to pay attention to detail.
• Ability to liaise with talent and interview talent.
Submit resume and cover letter to Gina Pace at firstname.lastname@example.org.