Posted On: April 15, 2019
Media Organization: Ziff Davis
Ziff Davis, a subsidiary of j2 Global, Inc., is a leading global digital-media company operating in three core verticals: Technology, Gaming, and Shopping
Ziff Davis is looking for a Managing Editor for AskMen.com . The ideal candidate should have a strong background in content strategy and SEO, in addition to sharp editing skills and social media prowess. Experience in men’s lifestyle and/or commerce content are major pluses.
As the managing editor of AskMen.com, you will be reporting to the Executive Editor and leading a small team of section editors, as well as freelance writers. You’ll manage the editorial calendar and budget, and will be tasked with reporting KPIs as you grow the audience for the brand. If you’re an editor who informs your strategy with data, even better.
● Oversee publishing and promotion on a daily basis
● Build editorial calendar and roster of kickass freelance writer pool
● Stay on top of news and relevant trends to ensure the site is producing content that drives traffic
● Monitor analytics daily/weekly/monthly to meet traffic goals (unique visitors, time spent, Google search referrals, social and site engagement)
● Manage staff editors and freelance writers
● Brainstorm initiatives that drive revenue and brand growth
At least 5 years of experience in digital editorial
Experience developing content strategy for a major lifestyle brand
Proven track record of driving traffic
Keen understanding of Google Analytics, content management systems, SEO best practices, Chartbeat, social media and sponsored content
At least a BA in journalism, English, communications, marketing
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.