Posted On: May 2, 2019
Media Organization: Riverbay Corporation
Riverbay Corporation is the property management company that manages Co-op City. Co-op City is a New York City Mitchell-Lama cooperative located in the Northeast Bronx. With 15,372 apartments in 35 high-rise buildings and 7 townhouse clusters, Co-op City has approximately 50,000 residents.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Covering and writing weekly news and feature articles for the newspaper, headlines and photo captions.
• Directing all aspects of the production of the weekly newspaper from initial layout through final page proofs.
• Overseeing line edits, proofread/copyedits and trafficking of all pages; checking corrections; conducting final edits; copy editing all submissions for style and errors.
• Reviewing material submitted for publication for any potential legal issues in text, such as libelous statements and misstatements of fact, and ensuring conformance with corporation’s by-laws and board resolutions regarding content.
• Working directly with the Editor-in Chief and reporters to develop stories for the weekly and online editions, including brainstorming story ideas, assigning stories and working with the production staff as they design and produce pages.
• Managing relationships with freelance writers and photographers.
• Enforcing editorial deadlines and tracking story ideas and keeping tabs on their progress.
• Supporting the Editor-in-Chief’s goals and expectations for the newsroom staff and the stories we publish in the newspaper, as well as digital and video content.
Work Experience and Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Communications.
• High School diploma or equivalent, plus 5 years work experience in community journalism.
• Experience working with print and online journalism, including video reporting and editing, website management and social media required.
• Strong ability to problem-solve and multi-task within a challenging deadline environment and a passion and belief in quality community and advocacy journalism that engages, informs and educates.
• Production experience or knowledge a plus.
• Experience with Microsoft Office is essential, including experience with digital photography.
• Strong knowledge of In-Design or Quark Express 9 and up, Photoshop and Adobe Premiere 5 and up.
Please forward resumes to email@example.com