Posted On: July 24, 2019
Media Organization:Meredith Corporation
We are Meredith Corporation, a publicly held media and marketing services company founded upon serving our customers and committed to building value for our shareholders. We are on the pulse of pop culture, entertainment, food, fashion and lifestyle, news, business and finance, and sports. From that, we have built businesses that serve well-defined audiences, deliver the messages of advertisers, and extend our brand franchises and expertise to related markets. Our products and services distinguish themselves on the basis of quality, customer service, and value that can be trusted.
We are looking for a freelance producer to work with us on the next 20-episode season of a podcast series for one of our high-profile tourism clients. The podcast focuses on travel tips, culture, and interesting individuals based off of interviews we record using freelance audio techs, recording studios and our own studio in NYC. So far, our podcast has run for 22 episodes and includes interviews with prominent chefs, Olympic gold medalists, and many travel insiders. We are very excited about the coming season and growing this podcast even more. In this producer role, we would want you to be involved in all steps of the pre-production, production and post-production process.
• Participating in guest outreach and pre-interview emails and calls
• Creating interview questions for our host based off of those pre-interview calls
• Prepping our host for the full-length interview via phone and email
• Listen in to podcast recordings and work as a co-director to ensure that the conversation goes smoothly and we always have great tape for our interviews
• Create paper cuts and intro/outro scripts for our host based off of our recordings for our full episode
• Work with our editorial director to have these approved and adjusted as necessary
• Record interstitial segments with our host as necessary
• Work within our established timelines to edit our piece from start to finish including minor music editing, interstitial segments and three interviews
• Work through rounds of revision with our internal team based on our notes and our clients
• Final delivery of fully mixed and mastered audio files to client for posting to podcast directories
Please include your cover letter and resume, along with production credits and links to work samples, with your response to Adam Keller (email@example.com). Once received we'll review and contact any candidates for the position by phone to set up an interview.