Posted On: August 6, 2019
Media Organization: News-O-Matic
News-O-Matic is the Daily News Just for Kids. It provides the first journalism experience for young children, complete with valuable nonfiction literacy tools for the classroom.
Thanks to its unique combination of editorial and technology, News-O-Matic creates innovative solutions to help children become tomorrow’s responsible citizens. It gives young readers a window into the world — and a reason to love reading news.
Each daily edition includes five new articles covering a wide range of topics. With subjects that cover everything from space science and endangered species to football and fashion, the articles are written to engage even the most reluctant reader. More than 4 million children have downloaded the News-O-Matic app from 148 countries, and 1,000s of U.S. schools use our stories as part of their nonfiction literacy curriculum.
Every article is adapted in multiple levels of readability, and an international team of translators interprets the texts from English into Spanish, French, and Arabic
Be a part of America's first daily newspaper just for kids! Join the News-O-Matic team to help deliver exciting news for young readers to help inspire a love of journalism at an early age.
As an Editorial Intern, you will be asked to help in the following ways:
• Collaborate with Editorial Team to help build the most engaging and appealing content for the edition each day.
• Perform research as required, including topics for news selection and background for existing stories; research may include web-based fact-finding or traditional reporting, such as interviewing subjects.
• Provide suggestions to best determine how to relay the information in a fun, engaging way that will appeal to target audience.
• Assist with the selection and organization of media (images and video) to accompany the stories of the day; perform audio and video editing on software as well.
• Write original content as directed by the Editor in Chief, including news articles for publication.
• Perform a variety of editorial tasks, including fact checking and running readability metrics on articles.
• Review and proofread content to ensure accuracy.
Please email a resume and a cover letter to Russell Kahn (firstname.lastname@example.org).