Posted On: August 6, 2019
Media Organization: Hearst Magazines
About Hearst Food Group:
The Hearst Food Group, part of Hearst Magazines, conceptualizes and produces food content for Good Housekeeping, Woman’s Day, Women’s Health, Dr. Oz and Country Living. Hearst Magazines has a global audience of 200 million print readers and 400 million unique digital visitors, with 21 brands in the U.S., and close to 300 print editions and 200 websites around the world.
The Hearst Lifestyle Group’s Food Department is looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented food enthusiast to support the team during the fall semester. This is an opportunity to work and learn in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment with a team that’s responsible for producing the food content for Good Housekeeping, Woman’s Day, Women’s Health, Prevention, and Country Living, as well as other Hearst titles. This position is ideal for anyone seeking to learn more about food journalism at major women’s magazine brands. You’ll gain valuable exposure to the editorial process while working on multiple titles simultaneously. You’ll see first-hand how recipes are created in the test kitchen and food stories are conceptualized and realized.
What this team needs:
A strong team player who is comfortable supporting others in a high-energy deadline-driven team environment.
A self-starter who can juggle a variety of tasks, while remaining organized and productive.
A motivated learner who is genuinely interested in and inquisitive about current consumer trends in food and cooking.
What you’ll learn:
· Research and report food-related articles.
· Market work (ie, research and call in products) for various publications’ news pages.
· Organize products for tastings and pitches.
· Support food team in various administrative tasks.
· Maintain and update recipe archives.
· Request, sort, and file newly published cookbooks.
· Participate in editorial brainstorm sessions for monthly features and articles.
· Participate in product and recipe tastings.
· Keep abreast of new products, trends, food personalities, and relevant tips.
You must be able to receive college credit and be available at least 2 days a week to apply.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Trish (email@example.com) and Becca (Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org).