Posted On: August 27, 2019
Media Organization: WealthManagement.com
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
• Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
• Competitive Benefits with 401k match
• Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
• Work- Life Balance
• Paid parental leave
• Volunteer days
• Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
• 4 weeks parental leave
Informa is seeking a talented, energetic and self-motivated Reporter and Staff Writer to join our Wealth Management Team in New York. We’re looking for an innovative digital journalist to be a part of our growing Wealth Management group. We’re looking for a quick learner, strong reporter and concise writer to discover, define and track the stories inside the wealth management industry, including the latest news and trends around Wall Street brokerage firms, the independent advisory space, financial technology, regulators and asset managers large and small. We want a smart digital-first reporter who can dig for the stories behind the press releases, is immune to jargon and can write crisp, compelling copy for a time-strapped audience. Along with news, commentary and proprietary industry research, our site delivers independent in-depth reporting, features and analysis of the wealth management industry.
In this role you will:
• Report and write original, compelling and insightful articles with context and a forward spin that will get the attention of the broad wealth management community
• Help aggregate and curate news, research, videos, podcasts, blogs, infographics and event content for Wealthmanagement.com
• Engage with users on our sites, through social media and on multiple platform
• Quality assurance of all content personally created - including adherence to style guide, optimization and community best practices
• Travel to industry events
What you'll need to succeed:
• Degree in journalism or related experience
• At least 3+ years of business journalism experience; some familiarity with the wealth management industry is preferred, but not necessary
• Ability to work collaboratively across the Wealth Management and wider Informa teams to support projects and achieve goals
• Proven expertise as a dogged reporter, graceful writer and innovative content producer. Experience working with expert networks a plus.
• Adept at social media
• Industry knowledge and connections helpful, but not required
• Comfortable with data and an ability to craft it into compelling and original digital content
Apply through this link: https://careers.informa.com/displayjob.aspx?jobid=7769
Or email a resume and cover letter to Managing Editor Diana Britton at firstname.lastname@example.org .