Posted On: November 11, 2019
Media Organization: Chemical & Engineering News
C&EN (Chemical & Engineering News) produces authoritative, award-winning journalism from around the world of chemistry, including research, education, industry, funding, and regulatory policy. It is published by the American Chemical Society (ACS), the world’s largest scientific society dedicated to a single discipline, and is widely considered one of the major benefits of membership. C&EN’s weekly magazine reaches approximately 150,000 members of ACS, and its daily website receives more than 7 million page views per year.
1) Provide breaking news and analysis about the business of chemistry that is of interest to readers of C&EN.
2) Identify potential features about chemistry-relevant business topics, including stories about technology breakthroughs, consumer market trends, regulation-driven changes, intellectual property developments, and start-up company formation and funding.
3) Conduct interviews and gather information that leads to accurate and balanced stories for all platforms, including website, newsletters, mobile app, podcasts, video, and print magazine.
4) Construct sophisticated and complex multiplatform story packages that conform to C&EN style and meet deadlines. Work with C&EN’s Media Production Lab team to create graphics, infographics, and other digital story forms that engage and inform audiences.
5) Work with C&EN’s Audience team to find the widest possible audience for your journalism.
6) Develop contacts in chemical and related business and research communities through attendance at industry events, email and phone interaction, and social media audience building.