Posted On: December 11, 2019
Media Organization: Imani House, Inc.
IMANI HOUSE is a Brooklyn, NY based non-profit agency known for its free innovative youth and family support services. Our Mission is “To Assist Marginalized youth, families, and immigrants to create vibrant neighborhoods where residents are decision makers who take responsibility for the improvement of their lives and surroundings.”
IMANI HOUSE believes that everyone can succeed if they are motivated and have access to appropriate skills, information and opportunities.
For over 30 years Imani House has worked proactively in grassroots communities in Brooklyn, NY and Liberia, West Africa to foster this process and provide services to approximately 15,000 community members between both locations.
Imani House, a Brooklyn-based nonprofit, is currently looking for a Student Journalism Facilitator to work in our new after-school “Leadership Through Journalism” program.
The Job: The Student Journalism Facilitator will lead a small group of 9-10 year olds in creating a newsletter over the course of an 8-week after school program. The commitment is approximately 3/hrs a week, totaling at approximately 24 hours. The facilitator will receive support from staff as necessary.
The Ideal Candidate Is:
- A journalism student or professional.
- Someone who can teach a small group of children basic journalistic techniques.
- Someone who can facilitate young people in engaging the social issues that are important to them.
- Someone who can lead a group of 9-10 year olds in creating a newsletter, complete with interviews and stories created by the students.
- Experience in teaching this age group a plus.
Interested in the opportunity to work with inner-city children in building social consciousness.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Though we appreciate all applications, only those receiving an interview will be notified. Thank you!