Posted On: December 17, 2019
Media Organization: Consumer Reports
Consumer Reports—the nation's premier independent product testing organization—seeks a highly skilled editor and manager of people to help oversee CR's team of auto journalists, specifically focusing on editing and managing CR's extensive auto review and auto-related product coverage. The ideal candidate is a self-professed car geek with broad experience in mainstream media and significant editing and management skills. He or she labors over article organization, is a strategist who can develop new digital-first forms of storytelling, and is at ease discussing automotive technology with our expert testing staff as well as representatives from the auto industry.
The successful candidate has a collaborative spirit and a demonstrated knack for working across department lines on multi-platform content. This is a unique chance to help lead one of CR's most important franchises that reaches millions of readers every day.
• Partner with CR's Deputy Director of Content Development to help reshape and refine our car review process and content offerings around our extensive testing of vehicles.
• Partner with the Deputy Director to set overall editorial strategy for cars coverage; help manage and direct budget.
• Assign and edit car reviews and other product-focused content related to our autos testing program.
• Directly manage and steer a team of writers/reporters focused on delivering smart reviews and other stories about our test results.
• Help develop new digital-first storytelling formats and tools around our autos coverage.
• Instill a culture of excellence with every story, small or large that's produced.
• With the help of other managers and reporters, successfully pitch full-fledged multi-platform packages for our print and digital publishing operations.
• Must have a college degree, plus minimum 5-7 years' experience writing and editing consumer-facing cars content, with an emphasis on product reviews.
• Experience with digital content required, multi-platform experience that includes print and video highly preferred.
• Must have demonstrated success in a fast-paced multi-platform content environment; be both fast and have with high editorial standards.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills a must.
• Candidate should also be able to package content for print and digital platforms. Experience partnering with UI/UX, data visualization, digital product management,
business development / strategic content partnerships, is beneficial.
• Will also work closely with Cross-Platform Managing Editor to help manage aggressive deadlines across both print and digital products so must have strong understanding of journalistic strategy and principles in both disciplines.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/qdbx3nmxqrvwpfgk