Posted On: January 8, 2020
Media Organization: Speakable PBC
Speakable is a social action company using technology to enable smart and effective civic engagement. Our first product, Action Button, empowers readers to impact news stories that inspire them—whether by donating, signing a petition or emailing a policymaker. Our users can do more than read headlines, they can change headlines.
Speakable PBC is seeking interns with an interest in and a passion for cross-platform writing, reporting, and social media to join the team for two days each week. An Editorial Intern will assist in the development, production, and execution of editorial content across Speakable, from newsletters, community management, promotional materials, and pitching stories that help amplify the conversation around social impact.
• Report, write and research editorial content chronicling the growth in social impact and citizens desire to take action.
• Work with the Editorial Lead on original content creation.
• Brainstorm and contribute ideas in team meetings.
• Help assist with social media efforts.
• Report, write and research marketing content.
• Conduct research as needed.
• Seek out and track news and research in social impact for write-ups to be featured on Speakable.
• Strong writing, research and communication skills.
• Demonstrated interest in topics relating to Speakable’s mission.
• Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
• Ability to write social-media-friendly copy in a fast-paced, nimble environment.
• Proactive, collaborative and eager to learn.
• Passion for positive change.
• Must be based in New York City.
• Ability to work from Speakable 1 day a week preferred.
Complete a cover letter and send a resume to Chris Sacco at email@example.com.