Posted On: January 15, 2020
Media Organization: Love What Matters
Love What Matters exists to spread real stories by real people far and wide, to celebrate the love, kindness and compassion they represent – while reminding us that these things do not happen by default, they’re a daily choice.
The moments we amplify on our platforms are also meant to serve as a balance to the kinds of things we see and hear about in the news every day.
These stories are bigger than any one of us, yet they represent every one of us. Our vulnerabilities. Our pain. Weaknesses. Successes. Beauty. Flaws. Generosity. And, of course, our hopes and dreams about who we aspire to be.
We’re thrilled to have you as part of the Love What Matters community of mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, wives, husbands, doctors, nurses, cops, teachers and millions of other everyday heroes around the world.
We celebrate kindness, compassion, hope, forgiveness and love.
But most of all, we celebrate you.
Love What Matters is a leading media destination focusing on stories of hope, kindness, compassion, support and healing. We reach over 35 million people per month with a focus on meaningful life moments worthy of amplification.
We’re looking for an ambitious self-starter who understands the media landscape and how to curate meaningful content from social networks.
Digital Editor, Love What Matters
· Strong understanding of curating content across social networks.
· Familiarity with wordpress helpful but not required.
· Strong interest in crafting a compelling, emotional story.
· Skilled in basic editing, writing, production.
· Experience or interest in journalism, researching and writing compelling stories about people, hope, compassion, etc.
· Must be a self-motivated team player with a strong work-ethic, eager to learn and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
· Strong online, search and research skills.
· Ability to find new sources of content across blogs, websites, and other curation sites.
(Individuals with prior editing experience are preferred.)
Duties to be performed
· Reach out on, build, edit, curate and publish stories across Love What Matters platforms.
· Continually find, group, sort, organize, and share the best and most relevant content across the internet for the Love What Matters brand. Maintain and grow LWM presence on various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.
· Work with founder and editorial team to continuously improve editorial strategy.
$12-15 per hour.
Please include a short cover letter, resume, and links to any published work.
Contact: Colin Balfe