Posted On: February 27, 2020
Media Organization: New American Economy
New American Economy is a bipartisan research and advocacy organization fighting for smart federal, state, and local immigration policies and working to change the way Americans think about immigration. NAE is proud to maintain a mission-focused culture of collaboration, openness, and positivity. These values guide our work and our team dynamic.
New American Economy (NAE) is seeking a part-time, New York City-based Communications Fellow to support the strategy and execution of our communication efforts. The Communications Fellow will help develop and distribute NAE content to the media, partners, and supporters.
- Draft and distribute communications materials including press releases, statements, pitch letters, and email blasts.
- Assist in managing NAE’s social media presence; brainstorm and execute social media strategy surrounding research, polling, and other communications releases.
- Monitor and compile a daily roundup of NAE press clips.
- Prospect and develop relevant media lists and do outreach, as needed.
- Support Communications Team in generating national and local press for NAE activities.
- Demonstrably strong writing, copy-editing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and manage relationships
- Strong social media skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, as well as being comfortable with managing multiple projects at once.
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly in a fast-paced, fast-growing, dynamic non-profit environment.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please note: This position is freelance, part-time (maximum commitment of 29 hours per week), and New York City-based. This position is not eligible for benefits.