Posted On: May 7, 2020
Media Organization: Crediverso.com
Crediverso is the first online financial products marketplace designed for US Latinos. We provide easy-to-access, bilingual tools, articles and reviews that help consumers understand and compare complex financial products like credit cards and loans. Crediverso was founded by a three-time Harvard graduate and former investment banker. The Crediverso team is at 10 and growing, with backgrounds ranging from engineering to marketing and media. Crediverso is in beta stage with a formal launch expected at the end of May.
Position description: One of our guiding principles is to provide easy to access, bilingual content written with the Latino consumer in mind. We are seeking experienced journalists to be part of our editorial team. This is an opportunity to be part of the editorial team of a fast-growing startup during a public launch, and give your work a public platform during a high publicity period for the company. Responsibilities include the following:
• Assess leads and pitch captivating story ideas to editors.
• Write original articles.
• Work with our graphic design team to develop story visuals and infographics
• Ensure that you meet all regular and recurring deadlines.
• Use all your findings to prepare clean, concise and factual articles.
• Adhere to the ethical code of the profession.
• Create trustworthy relationships with contacts and sources for use in future research.
• Keep up-to-date on the latest news developments by attending events, studying different papers, opinion pieces, and social media.
Experience / skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or relevant field.
• Minimum of 2 years’ working experience as a journalist or reporter.
• Capable of maintaining an ethical and objective standard in reporting.
• Ability to meet deadlines and accurately fact-check information.
• Excellent observation and judgment skills.
• Superb communication and networking skills, along with an aptitude to effectively extract information.
• Microsoft Word
• Google Docs
• Spanish fluency (reading / writing) a plus
Time commitment: Part-time and Full-time summer internship positions available. Depending on performance, there is the possibility of part-time work post-summer, or full-time work post-graduation.
Compensation: school credit is optional / school stipend.
To apply: Send your resume and a work sample to Esther Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.