Posted On: September 28, 2020
Media Organization: Firefly Innovations, CUNY School of Public Health
Firefly Innovations based at the CUNY SPH Center for Systems and Community Design (CSCD) and the NYU-CUNY Prevention Research Center (PRC) is hiring a part-time Communications Assistant with experience in managing event planning and designing and implementing marketing and social media campaigns.
Firefly Innovations is a global ecosystem for public health entrepreneurs which brings together public health and business centers of excellence from around the world to incubate entrepreneurial solutions to today’s most pressing health challenges. We aim to transform communities, promote economic sustainability and solve public health challenges by helping entrepreneurs bring their ideas to life and scale for impact. Firefly Innovations is particularly interested in democratizing social innovation in public health and supporting underrepresented innovators to advance solutions to health problems experienced by their communities.
The role of the Communications Assistant will be to coordinate Firefly Innovations’ event planning and logistics and design and manage Firefly Innovations’ communications, marketing and social media campaigns.
The Communications Assistant will report directly to Dr. Terry Huang, the Director of CSCD and Founder of Firefly Innovations. The Communications Assistant will be responsible for organizing CSCD’s Systems Change Lecture and Workshop Series, among other events (all events are virtual at this time). In addition, the Communications Assistant will play a lead role in designing Firefly Innovations’ communication and marketing strategy and building the organization’s social media presence across multiple platforms.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate all logistics for the Systems Change Lecture and Workshop Series including developing promotional materials, publicizing event through multiple channels, coordinating with speakers, providing IT support for virtual events, and following up with speakers and attendees as needed
• Assist with reimbursement or honorariums for speakers as necessary
• Design a marketing and communication strategy for Firefly Innovations including developing content for and promoting the Firefly Innovations podcast and blog
• Develop and disseminate a quarterly newsletter to highlight news, events and case studies for CSCD and the NYU-CUNY PRC
• Write copy, develop graphics and maintain website content
• Develop and curate regular content to grow Firefly Innovations’ social media presence across multiple platforms
• Track and report on social media performance including impressions, reach, followers, and other engagement metrics
Other duties: The Communications Assistant must have excellent management, written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience with managing marketing, communications, and/or social media campaigns
• Ability to work independently, prioritize and handle multiple assignments
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications, website building software (e.g. Squarespace, WordPress, etc.), and graphic design software (e.g. Adobe, Vengage, etc.)
• Knowledge of or interest in public health preferred
Submit a cover letter outlining research experience and resume to Emily Ferris at email@example.com. CUNY is an equal opportunity employer.