Posted On: October 20, 2020
Media Organization: WUWM, Milwaukee's NPR
WUWM is SE Wisconsin’s most listened to Public Radio Station
Journalists at WUWM identify, report, edit and produce a wide range of stories for all WUWM programs and digital platforms. The Von Fellowship is designed to give recently graduated students the opportunity to work in a professional news environment, preparing stories for broadcast and digital platforms. We greatly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Specific duties include:
- Research, gather, write, edit and produce stories and interviews for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Respond to, and report on, other news stories as assigned.
- Participate in station activities including fund drives and community events.
- A bachelor’s degree by date of hire or within the last three years of date of hire.
· Demonstrated non-professional interest or experience in journalism (such as in a college environment or via internships).
· Demonstrated ability to produce in-depth news reports and interviews for broadcast.
· Able to use broadcast digital recording and editing equipment
Applicants will be expected to provide:
· A cover letter explaining a.) how you meet all of the required qualifications; b.) which preferred requirements you meet; c.) why you are the ideal candidate and, d.) why you are interested in this job.
· A resume
· Samples of your previous work in the field of journalism (i.e., audio or video from school sponsored internships) OR other audio that demonstrates your announcing style. (Links of audio/video samples can be included in your application materials or files can be emailed to Ann Piatt at email@example.com.)
· Names and contact information for three references (OPTIONAL: Letters of recommendation from faculty members or previous employer may be combined into one document) uploaded to “Other Document 1".
Apply at- https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/30199
This is a continuous recruitment. Review of applications will begin on November 1, 2020. Applications received after