Posted On: December 7, 2020
Media Organization: NBC Owned Stations
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us
NOTES: Full Time remote work position (LA-based team), One Year freelance position
NBC Owned Television Stations is looking for a digital video producer/editor to create original videos designed for digital/mobile/social platforms.
We are looking for a candidate with a proven ability to create videos that are shareable and have impact with a mobile/social audience. Our ideal candidate is someone who is full of ideas and can take a project from pitch to publication or take someone else’s idea and produce it as if the idea was her/his own. The ideal candidate must also be able to shoot and have some ability to create motion graphics. He/She will be working on multiple pieces of content simultaneously, from quick-turn daily edits, to something that may take a week or more. The producer/editor will be part of a digital video innovation team working with NBC’s 12 owned stations, NBCLX and OTS digital platforms.
This editor/producer will be part of our Digital Innovation Team, working on breaking news, partnering with broadcast reporters and producers to create digital versions of their broadcast content, re-imagining investigative stories, consumer content, mini-docs, explainers, lifestyle pieces, creating listicles and working with local teams on projects from a story’s inception to its conclusion. In addition, the producer/editor has flexibility to seek out and pitch stories, series, concepts and see them through from pitch to publication.
The right candidate should love news (especially local), love editing, pitching concepts, enjoy finding innovative ways to tell stories, be a digital video consumer, have excellent people skills and team orientation, be willing to try new things and be comfortable working on an in-depth investigation of nuclear waste or the quirky viral talker story of the day. We are looking for a self-starter who always wants to create video. Our ideal candidate can pitch a concept, produce, edit and deliver it and be passionate about every step of the way.
• Shoot, write, pitch, produce and edit original videos for digital platforms
• Leverage resources available from our stations or other sources to research, pitch, write and edit video segments designed for mobile/social platforms, optimizing versions of the story for specific platforms.
• Gather, sort and find stories in data and present data visually in videos
• Be able to digest lots of information and present it in a simple video
• Develop, Write and Produce digital specific series/franchises
• Develop graphic elements and treatments for your videos to engage mobile users.
• Assist local stations with video concepts for their local audiences
• Develop best practices and expertise around creating, publishing and distributing videos specific to various digital platforms, and train digital and broadcast producers in those best practices at NBC’s owned stations.
• Write headlines and text for your videos to maximize engagement.
• Serve as a resource for local digital editorial and broadcast teams at NBC’s owned television stations
• Work closely with national editorial team and local editorial teams to plan, execute video content
• Must have at least 2 years of experience producing videos for digital platforms
• Experience editing videos on tight deadlines.
• Experience editing in Adobe Premiere, After-Effects and Photoshop
• Experience using Adobe Essential Graphics and MOGRT templates
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for digital attention
• Ability to shoot with DSLR and use lightning, audio equipment a plus
• Familiarity with social media platforms
• Deep knowledge of current events
• Outstanding communication skills
• Experience with a complex CMS a plus.
• Must have a bachelor's degree
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadlines, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work all shifts as required by news and events (including nights and weekends).
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org