Posted On: December 18, 2020
Media Organization: 3ec-TV
3ec-TV, which is being set up in France (will be based in Rennes, capital of the Brittany region), is an independent international generalist bilingual (English-French) TV channel with a humanistic vision and ecology oriented, collaborating with recognized institutions and NGOs and supported by personalities around the world, visible on our information pages: http://3ec-tv.com
3ec-TV is an innovative media with a potentially large audience (launch in 2021 on 5 continents via internet, cable, satellite).
This position is for an American journalist based in New York (with some knowledge of French).
Post with a permanent full-time contract, profit-sharing scheme and company shares. This job is based on a daily basis assignment and a monthly remuneration.
This position requires autonomy, adaptability and confidentiality. You are well organized and work as a reliable member of a motivated team under the supervision of the TV News Director. (The main editorial team of 3ec-TV is based in France). You adhere to the culture of the company.
There will be opportunities to collaborate with interns from various universities in due course.
• Collaborate on a daily basis with the News Director (based in France) to choose stories to broadcast, considering source reliability and assessing the level of significance and relevance to the channel’s editorial line
• Prepare, present and record (no live broadcast) TV news bulletins daily in English (use of French subtitles and a translation software) on affairs related to the American continent
• Carry out some interviews
• Deal with external communication on the American continent
• Participate in the ongoing sizzle/teaser for the channel launch
Profile/ Skills sought
• Belief and comfort in constructive journalism (solution-focused news)
• Interest in ecological and societal issues (experience reporting on those subjects is a plus)
• Excellent communication skills and a good command of English and minimum intermediate French (for writing subtitles)
• Use of computer tools (office software and Internet) and good knowledge of production and broadcast techniques
• On-air TV experience is a plus
• Good knowledge of social networks
If you are a broadcast journalist (already based in New York) entrepreneurial-minded and motivated by the ethical values and challenges of an innovative TV channel, join the friendly team of 3ec-TV and its internationally renowned collaborators and advisors visible on our information pages: http://3ec-tv.com
Please send your resume (CV), portfolio/show reel and cover letter indicating expected remuneration (indicate Ref: NY-3ec-TV) to: firstname.lastname@example.org