Posted On: April 20, 2021
Media Organization: PUBLISHERS LUNCH
Publishers Lunch has been the “daily essential read” for the book publishing business for seventeen years and is the largest-circulation news communication in the world for publishing professionals. Publishers Marketplace is the website associated with Publishers Lunch providing round-the-clock news and analysis deal reports job listings and many unique databases and tools that help publishing professionals find critical information connect with each other and do business better electronically.
Publishers Lunch Reporter/News Editor
Are you ready to help set the daily agenda for book publishing professionals? The industry's leading daily newsletter Publishers Lunch is adding a reporter. The ideal candidate has:
- Strong reporting skills/interest
- Business background
- Broad digital skills
- Some knowledge of trade book publishing, or least passion for books, authors and publishing
This position is very flexible, depending on the candidate's interests, strengths and availability. Ideally this is a full time position, though we are open to considering part time (half to three-quarters time), but it will always include being on duty in the mornings when we create and mail our daily newsletter. The position is remote -- and as a company we have been remote for two decades, long before Covid -- but our schedule works on NY time. It can be part time (half to three-quarters time) or full time, but will always include being on duty in the mornings when we create and mail our daily newsletter.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Aggregate stories of interest, research and write stories daily for Publishers Lunch, working in close conjunction with the founder
- Produce and process newsletter itself on deadline (means working with WordPress, online mail ASP, HTML templates, etc. –– we'll train you in all of our particular systems)
- Create additional special content: developing your own coverage area and working longer lead-time stories or working on other new initiatives
For the right person, this is a chance to develop a significant profile in helping inform core book publishing professionals every day, along with the opportunity to learn from a significant digital media pioneer and add your own mark.
Email cover letter embedded in email, resume, and writing samples to Robin Dellabough (firstname.lastname@example.org)