Posted On: April 21, 2021
Media Organization: https://www.2020visions.art/
Visions2030 is a visionary, evolving organization dedicated to harnessing the artistic imagination to forge new paradigms and new models of society. We believe in “dreaming forward,” formulating positive futures—even wildly unrealistic ones. Moving beyond the dystopian, we embrace formulating positive solutions. Our watchwords are vision, collaboration, positivity, inclusivity, and anarchy.
Visions2030 is seeking an experienced editor to join our team to work with the Founder to develop content, identify images and copy-edit a semi-monthly Newsletter.
- In coordination with Visions2030 Founder and Team, plan, assign, write, and copy-edit content for Substack newsletter
- Copy-edit in-house communications materials
- Work with Founder to devise visuals for Newsletter
- Work with Social Media Coordinator to coordinate and execute overall communication strategy
- Review, copy-edit, and/or eventually write outgoing communications, including press releases, letters, website copy, and other promotional material
- Verify, and if necessary, obtain publishing rights for images, audio, video clips etc
- Manage editorial timeline and deadlines
First-class copy-editing and proofreading skills
Experience working in an editorial capacity in print media, preferably in journalism
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Strong writing skills
Some knowledge of digital platforms
Strong visual sense
Some layout design knowledge
Resilience and imagination
Please email: a short statement describing your interest and qualifications, particularly in terms of copy-editing, along with 2-3 recent writing samples and a resume to email@example.com including the position title in the subject line.