Posted On: May 10, 2021
Media Organization: Endeavor Global
Endeavor Insight is the research division of Endeavor, a non-profit organization that supports fast-growing entrepreneurs across the world. Our work is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Techstars, the Kauffman Foundation and other organizations that promote entrepreneurship. Recent publications include Middle America’s Competitive Advantages in Entrepreneurship that promotes job creation in the Midwest (endeavor.org/ma-cae), and Fostering Productive Entrepreneurship communities that explores scaling tech companies in sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia (endeavor.org/fpec). Our research has been featured in the Harvard Business Review, TechCrunch, the Miami Herald, Crains, and other publications.
Endeavor Global seeks a full-time, New York-based Senior Associate to join Endeavor Insight, a research consulting team that studies entrepreneurship and develops thought leadership in markets around the world. The Senior Associate will manage client-sponsored research projects, conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis, share findings, and support the department’s operations. Our clients include philanthropies, multilateral agencies, and corporations who support studies in markets that range from sub-Saharan Africa, to Middle America, to Eastern Europe.
Manage research projects from data collection to analysis, and drafting to publication. This is your chance to:
- Conduct in-depth interviews with entrepreneurs, investors, and support organization leaders from around the world.
- Develop a deep understanding of a range of industries and markets, while playing with data to identify research findings.
- Craft and publish research reports that explore global and business dynamics using strong narratives and compelling data visualizations.
Support the development of new research processes and operations. This is your chance to:
- Collaborate with high-profile clients and join a team of researchers, learners, and data geeks.
- Manage teams of international research assistants and interns to complete qualitative and quantitative data collection efforts across multiple projects.
- Create communications such as blog posts, slide presentations, and social media for a wide range of decision makers and policymakers.
- Coordinate report launch activities such as webinar presentations, panel discussions, and working groups.
- Build outreach strategies with potential clients that include major philanthropies, government agencies, and corporate sponsors.
Great candidates for this role will:
- Thrive at project management and meeting client expectations, never missing a deadline.
- Lead interviews with the skill of an investigative journalist and enjoy uncovering analytical findings to inform decision makers.
- Strive for perfection in their writing while distilling large amounts of information and crafting compelling narratives.
- Love data analysis and using Excel. You get a kick out of using pivot tables and data visualizations. You enjoy learning new analytical tricks and research methods.
- Have a graduate degree in business, journalism, economics, international policy or other related field.
- Bring 2-3 years of professional research experience and 2-3 years of client-facing experience in a professional role.
- Be willing to travel (including internationally) during non-pandemic conditions.
In addition, an ideal candidate will:
- Have work experience in consulting, communications, or applied research, and experience with international clients.
- Speak a foreign language.
- Code in Python or R, and build queries in SQL.
- Perform statistical analysis, including social network analysis and regression analysis.
- Use Adobe InDesign, WordPress, MailChimp, and social media platforms.
Must be eligible to live and work in the United States. Must be based in the New York area and be able to work from the New York City office within 2 months of office reopening, expected summer 2021. Endeavor Global seeks candidates who align with our values:
- Entrepreneur First: You are mission-oriented and believe in Endeavor’s model to change the world through high-impact entrepreneurship.
- Go Big: You are someone whose curiosity drives them to dream (and execute!) big as Endeavor reimagines its offerings.
- Network of Trust: You are great with people! You naturally build and maintain relationships with key players and have the superior interpersonal skills needed to build trust.
- Pay It Forward: You are someone with a service-oriented attitude, who asks “What can I do?” before asking “What can I get?”
- One Endeavor: You are comfortable working across cultures and will thrive on working with colleagues in over 30 different countries around the world.
What we offer:
- A dynamic work environment with a highly collaborative team.
- Opportunities to learn new research and data analysis skills.
- Access to international networks of entrepreneurs and economic development executives.
Competitive base salary, bonus and benefits including paid vacation, medical insurance, dental insurance, and retirement plan with employer matching.
Apply via the Workable portal: https://apply.workable.com/endeavor-talent/j/A2101FECEB/
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter that clearly describes why you are interested in the role and highlights your most relevant experience. This is your chance to show us what makes you an experienced candidate for this senior research role. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.