Posted On: January 20, 2022
Media Organization: Simons Foundation
Spectrum is the go-to destination for the latest news and analysis about autism research and a springboard for scientists and clinicians to forge collaborations that deepen our understanding of autism.
Spectrum is looking for a Director of Engagement and Marketing to deepen our engagement with our audience.
Spectrum is an autism news site intended for scientists, although we are also read by many non-scientists.
The Spectrum Director of Engagement and Marketing's primary role will be to engage researchers and clinicians who study autism and treat autism with Spectrum's award-winning content. Reporting to the Editor in Chief, the Director of Engagement and Marketing will create Spectrum's strategy in these areas, and lead a small team responsible for day-to-day efforts to ensure that Spectrum is reaching its specialized audience that includes neuroscientists, neurologists, and policymakers.
• Create and implement Spectrum's engagement and marketing strategy
• Supervise and inspire staff responsible for specific projects and tasks
• Collaborate closely with Spectrum's editorial team
• Reinforce a culture of deliver, test and measure
• Create and deliver engagement reports based on qualitative and quantitative metrics
• Seek out partnerships with relevant organizations
• Liaise with Simons Foundation colleagues in similar roles
• Oversee submissions process for journalistic and creative awards
• Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Science background preferred
• At least seven years of experience in leadership roles in engagement and marketing
• Prior experience managing staff
• Experience in journalism, or working at journalistic outlets, preferred
Related Skills & Other Requirements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Adaptable to quickly changing priorities
• Must demonstrate ability to manage detailed projects and track progress appropriately
• Experience and facility with content management systems and marketing and outreach tools, such as Google Analytics, Parse.ly, and Omniture, as well as understanding of user experiences
• Strong creative problem-solving skills
• Sound judgment and exceptional ethical standards
• Ability to inspire and forge strong collaborative partnerships
• Comfortable working independently and in a collaborative team environment
• Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability and willingness to travel
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
• Please submit a resume, cover letter stating your interest in the position, and a brief one page vision for Spectrum's engagement efforts.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Apply here: https://www.click2apply.net/LYz77VSpVYzrUmEzunQWj