Posted On: February 9, 2022
Media Organization: Russell Reynolds Associates
Founded in 1969, Russell Reynolds Associates (RRA) is a global provider of executive-level search and leadership advisory services. Our mission is to improve the way the world is led – enhancing the business performance of our clients by appointing and developing outstanding and impactful leaders.
With 47 offices across North and South America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we partner with clients across all major industries and geographies. RRA is a private firm owned by the Managing Directors (Partners), who constitute over half of our Consultants. By remaining private, we are able to focus exclusively on clients’ leadership challenges, undistracted by the pressure of near-term earnings.
Our success over the past five decades is attributable to the outstanding quality of our people, and a culture and business strategy focused on excellence in client service.
The Internal Communications Intern will be part of the global Internal Communications team to help create, edit, and promote firm news and events that drive an exceptional colleague experience globally. This team focuses on improving the firm’s people experience to keep colleagues informed, engaged, and connected.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Collaborating with newly hired colleagues to write welcome announcements and draft bios.
• Writing and editing intranet articles/blogs around our DEI initiatives and colleague stories.
• Helping to design intranet banners, screensavers, short videos, and email graphics in collaboration with the team.
• Creating PowerPoint slides for firm meetings.
• Creating internal newsletters and managing distribution lists as needed.
• Generating ideas for engagement on global Slack channels.
• Tracking progress and effectiveness of internal campaigns in partnership with the team.
• Coordinating various aspects of internal communications responsibilities including ad hoc administrative support for large campaigns.
• University student (junior or senior) with a concentration in English, journalism, communications, marketing, or another closely related discipline.
• Strong academic record.
Skills & Abilities:
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Excellent writing skills a must – writing samples will be requested.
• Previous internship experience preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office – video editing and familiarity with basic Adobe Suite is a plus.
• Fast learner - we will teach the intern how to use our platforms.
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
• Internship pays $18/hour.
• Intern should be available March through August, with the option to extend.
• Available approximately 16 hours per week in the school year (during standard business hours), option to extend up to 40 hours in the summer. Exact days and times are flexible.
• Available to come into the New York City (midtown) office for a few hours each week, option to work remotely the rest of the week.
• Free snacks and coffee available in the office, along with free lunch on Thursdays.
Send resume and two writing samples to email@example.com.