Posted On: February 14, 2022
Media Organization: Gizmodo
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
Gizmodo is looking for an editor to help us manage evergreen content and oversee our SEO strategy. You’ll be in charge of reporting, writing, and updating some of the most-read stories on our site, including “how to” articles, product release date calendars, and continuing news stories.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience working as a reporter or an editor at a major print or digital publication, and a strong understanding of search engine optimization. They write fast, clean copy, and are comfortable covering a wide variety of news topics.
This is a great opportunity for an early-career journalist looking to move more into editing, strategy, and SEO; or for someone who is already an SEO expert that wants to spend more time reporting and writing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* At least 2 years of experience writing for at a major print or digital publication; experience in covering technology- and science-related topics is a major plus
* A strong understanding of search engine optimization techniques and strategy
* Tack-sharp writing and grammar skills
* The ability to think quickly, decisively, and creatively in a newsroom environment
* Knowledge of journalistic standards, laws, and best reporting practices
Submit a resume and cover letter via https://boards.greenhouse.io/gomedia/jobs/3920998