Posted On: March 1, 2022
Media Organization: Hunch Studios
Hunch Studios is an entertainment company behind some of the best-selling games of the past few years, like #1 best-seller INCOHEARENT (tiktok.com/tag/incohearent). Our games are inspired by pop culture and explicitly designed to make content creation easy for players. Our vision is to create the next, great fun factory-- and hope you will help us get there!
We're looking for a talented Videographer + Editor to work directly with us to launch a new TikTok game show. The ideal candidate has 2+ years filming and editing experience, particularly in entertainment or social media. We are looking for a candidate who can see the entire picture, capture on-site footage, and edit down into <60 second videos.
As an editor, you will be responsible for turning raw footage into a final product seen by millions of fans and supporters. Taking direction from our team, you will help drive narrative and keep viewers engaged in order to maximize video impact. Having knowledge of the best YouTube and TikTok editing practices is a must, along with a firm grasp on comedic timing, and a punchy editing style. Only candidates local to New York, NY will be considered for the position.
- Manage productions and filming sessions to ensure maximum quality and efficiency.
- Cut/edit raw footage in such a way as to add to its entertainment value.
- Track and catalog recorded content to ensure maximum organization and accessibility.
- Incorporate feedback from viewers into videos.
- Find cutting-edge techniques to bring the best possible content to viewers.
- 2+ years of work experience as a videographer, editor, or similar role.
- Experience capturing, exporting, and overall organization of footage.
- Familiarity with various high quality cameras, including DSLRs and mirrorless.
- Passion for all things Internet (memes, trends, etc).
- Keen understanding of short form editing (YouTube Shorts, TikTok, Instagram Reels) styles and techniques.
- Expertise and efficiency in Adobe CC (Premiere) or other video editing software.
- Experience with Photoshop and/or After Effects is a plus.
- Experience with audio equipment is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Send your cover letter, resume, and links to relevant work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Short Form Videographer + Editor"