Posted On: March 29, 2022
Media Organization: The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Not for profit organization.
POSITION: Marketing Manager
SUPERVISOR: Senior Director, Digital Communications
The Marketing Manager manages the day-to-day design oversight and production of digital and print marketing materials for AFSP’s nationwide suicide prevention efforts. This role, under the guidance of the Senior Director of Digital Communications maintains the workflow of all new or updated chapter marketing materials and merchandise from inception to approval, including initial consulting, creative/design concepting, agency partner support, and production/timeline management. The manager serves as liaison between AFSP’s departmental staff and outside agency partners to ensure that materials meet the departmental needs while strictly adhering to AFSP’s established brand guidelines.
The ideal candidate will be strategically minded, detail-oriented, passionate about working with people, and able to manage concepting and developing multiple projects at one time across all departments.
• Ensure the timely flow of internal/external marketing projects through discussion of material needs and priorities, timelines and approvals with organization departments and external partners and vendors
• Serve as first point on the brand guidelines ensuring the brand is consistent and incorporated into all marketing materials and merchandise produced and develop campaigns and guide new branding efforts
• Explore innovated ways to expand upon existing brand resources, develop campaigns and guide new branding efforts
• Manage the internal/external stores including merchandise sourcing, reprints, product descriptions, standardized pricing and product launches
• Lead project kickoff meetings to identify needs and solutions using a detailed and organized approach to concepting and creative development
• Manage publishing and distribution of finalized materials of AFSP’s volunteer resource site and keep staff aware of new key marketing initiatives through monthly updates
• Perform other duties as required by supervisor
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or Design
• Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in marketing capacity (may include internships)
• Highly motivated individual with ability to work in fast and dynamic work environment
• Ability to prioritize large numbers of projects at one time
• Strong interpersonal skills including an ability to listen to and interpret departmental
• General knowledge of fundamental marketing principles and digital-first best practices
• Competency or proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office 365 and Google Docs and Sheets
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Annual salary range: 53-60K
22 PTO (vacation, sick, wellness and personal days) your first year of employment (5 additional days 2nd year)
10% employer retirement contribution after 2 years of employment
Flexible Summer Fridays
Submit cover letter, with a compelling reason why you should be considered for this position and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include salary requirements. Write “MarketingManager” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.