Posted On: April 25, 2022
Media Organization: South China Morning Post
The South China Morning Post, with its Sunday edition, the Sunday Morning Post, is a Hong Kong-based English-language newspaper, global digital platform and primary source for news on China. Founded in 1903 by Tse Tsan-tai and Alfred Cunningham, it has remained Hong Kong's newspaper of record for over a century.
Contribute to the establishment of the SCMP’s US coverage as essential for anyone looking for insight into the US-China bilateral relationship. Bolster SCMP coverage as an essential source for understanding the US-China relationship in all its complexity. Deliver the best coverage for a global audience through our print and online editions.
- Generate deeply reported, insightful stories on the US-China relationship.
- Leverage your knowledge and network to produce signature stories that make us indispensable for policymakers, business and think tanks in understanding the most important bilateral relationship of the 21st century.
- Be able to multitask, balancing breaking news coverage, quick features and longer, analytical pieces.
- Able to work independently and also be a good team player , generating ideas, supporting colleagues and delivering fully reported, accurate copy on deadline.
- Have the ability to take criticism and work well with supervisors.
- Deliver exclusive reports.
- Become intimately familiar with information channels among government agencies that set and carry out policy relating to China and the Asia-Pacific region. Anticipate news and important reports.
- Build trusted sources and build a rapport with government officials and respected analysts.
- Stay on top of the news and competition areas we cover, show an ability to put seemingly disparate developments together for work that stands out.
- Bachelor’s degree or above with at least 5 years of experience in journalism.
- Proven track record in breaking news with strong news judgement and skill in real-time online reporting environments.
- Strong team player, creative, collegial, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines on a day-to-day basis.
- Excellent English writing skills; Mandarin reading and speaking skills a plus
Please apply here: https://scmp.applytojob.com/apply/lMLSYZZ5cd/Correspondent-US-Bureau-Based-In-US