Posted On: September 8, 2022
Media Organization:Apple News
Apple News provides millions of users with trusted journalism from leading publishers around the globe.
Apple News provides millions of users with trusted journalism from leading publishers around the globe. Editors at Apple News highlight the best and most engaging content on our platform and make real-time decisions based on the day’s events, curate content, write copy, and work cross-functionally to support News projects and goals.
The ideal candidate for this contract role will have strong editorial judgment, excellent curation and headline-writing skills, and will have a genuine interest and/or demonstrated experience in weather, climate, and science news. Can be located in New York City, Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), Austin, or Culver City.
- Source, select and curate stories for weather and climate coverage across key areas of Apple News, with an emphasis on accuracy, quality, and engagement
- Write sharp and engaging headlines with the Apple News audience in mind, guiding them through day-to-day weather coverage and extreme weather events
- Work with copy editors to ensure your work meets all aspects of our house style
- Work with editorial team members to ensure that the best weather and climate stories and publishers get the most exposure possible
- Communicate with editors at a variety of publications, and help them achieve success on the platform
- Work cross-collaboratively with teammates and internal partners to create strategies for climate storytelling, weather events and weather news coverage
- Surface bugs and other performance issues
- May be required to work nights or weekends
- Strong editorial judgment, excellent headline-writing skills, and can make curation decisions independently when news breaks
- Experience in using a variety of CMSs and a keen understanding of the tools that support state-of-the-art editorial
- Proficient with data and analytics, and can responsibly incorporate user behavior into editorial strategy
- Thorough knowledge of, and/or genuine interest in, in working with and explaining weather or climate to a general audience
- Experience with, and a preference for, working collaboratively on a multidisciplinary team
If interested, please send resume via e-mail to email@example.com.