Posted On: November 3, 2022
Media Organization: Consumer Reports
From how to find the best dishwasher to why heat pumps might keep you warm this winter and save you money, consumers rely on CR to help them make informed choices. Through in-depth reporting as well as close collaboration with engineers in our labs, the journalists on CR’s Home team inform readers about how to get the most out of their home, keep their family safe, and spend their money wisely.
Is the new Nest video doorbell better than Ring's? Which refrigerators should be on your shortlist if you're shopping right now? And does the way you put your favorite smoothie ingredients into your blender make a difference?"
Consumers Reports answers these questions and more for the over 15 million unique visitors who come to CR.org every month. (For answers to the questions above, see our story about the new Nest doorbell, our results from our refrigerator tests, and our guide to loading your blender for smoothies.)"
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and creative reporter/writer to cover a wide range of topics that pertain to home and kitchen products, home maintenance, sustainability and more. As a staff writer on CR’s Home & Appliance team, your work will leverage the product testing and expertise CR is famous for on CR.org and other platforms.
You will deliver high-impact service to readers by combining your reporting and packaging with the data and expertise from CR’s labs, surveys, and more to produce original and enterprising content and grow and diversify our audience across multiple platforms.
What You'll Do
• Research, pitch, report, and write home content to be published across a variety of platforms, partnering with members of other departments—data visualization, art, video, social media—to create compelling stories and packages.
• Follow the news as it relates to the beats and products you cover; interview internal and external experts; track market trends; translate industry data into compelling stories that will help readers.
• Tap into CR’s numerous resources including testing, survey, and statistics operations to source ideas, analyze data, and produce stories.
• Serve as a key member of a cross-functional product-testing and content team.
• Act as a spokesperson or representative for external media requests, as well as on-camera subject matter expert for CR video platforms.
• Meet weekly digital article production targets.
You'll Be Highly Rated If:
• You have the reporting chops. You have at least five years of reporting experience, in addition to a Bachelor's Degree.
• You're a self-starter. You can work independently as well as collaboratively across multiple platforms and with other writers, editors, and members from a variety of departments.
• You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment. You will be working on multiple projects at once, likely across multiple platforms.
• You're deadline driven. You’re capable of turning around engaging, well-written stories quickly, while balancing competing demands and priorities.
You'll Be One Of Our Top Picks:
• You have a passion for helping others. You care about your reader, and you’ve published service-journalism articles that help readers make informed choices.
• You are obsessed with all things home. You have opinions (based on fact) about which appliances are worth the money, and you’ve thought deeply about safety, energy efficiency, water conservation, and other issues that affect the home.
• You possess journalistic curiosity and tenacity. You’re aware of the trends, but you never take them at face value. You ask how and why and what if; you’re dogged about tracking down the best sources; and you have a knack for finding stories that resonate with readers.
Our Commitment to Fair Pay--At Consumer Reports, we are committed to fair, transparent pay and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The target salary range for this position is $78,000-$100,000. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. Compensation for the successful candidate will be informed by the candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies and experience.
The successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/2DlBXOTeRVEOXiD4zuVoxL