Posted On: January 10, 2023
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: Simons Foundation
Quanta Magazine is an award-winning, editorially independent online publication launched by the Simons Foundation to enhance public understanding of science.
160 Fifth Avenue
Quanta Magazine is looking for a motivated audience engagement intern for the summer of 2023. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual interested in developing a career in audience development at a journalistic news organization. This individual will gain insight to aspects of social media management, audience development, newsletters, podcasting and data reporting.
This paid internship has a 32 hour-per-week minimum requirement and can be full-time. It will take place on-site at the Simons Foundation offices from June through August.
* Write, produce and schedule posts for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and other platforms that promote Quanta 's editorial content.
* Assist with the production of newsletters.
* Research new social media platforms and formats to help inform Quanta 's future audience engagement strategy.
* Assist the Senior Engagement Editor with the preparation of quarterly traffic reports and other progress reports.
* Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
* Enrollment in or completion of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field.
* Previous coursework related to digital communication, marketing or advertising.
* Basic knowledge of and experience with social media networks such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit and TikTok, ideally pertaining to news and/or science communication.
* Student or professional experience with marketing, SEO or data analytics is preferred.
* Strong interest in science and math.
* Must be detail-oriented, deadline-driven and highly organized and demonstrate high standards in written English and visual communication.
* Must be an excellent team player and have the ability to coordinate project work across Quanta's editorial staff.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
* Please submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest in this position
* Examples of past student work or projects related to branding, copywriting or data analytics
* This internship pays $18 to $22 per hour, depending on experience.
Quanta Magazine is an award-winning, editorially independent online publication launched by theSimons Foundationto enhance public understanding of science. Our reporters and editors focus on developments in mathematics, theoretical physics, theoretical computer science and the basic life sciences, with an emphasis on delivering timely, accurate, in-depth and well-crafted articles for our broad, discerning audience. In addition to many other awards and accolades, Quanta won the Pulitzer Prize in explanatory reporting in 2022 and a National Magazine Award for general excellence in 2020. Quanta has syndication partnerships with Wired , The Atlantic and other publications, has published two books ( Alice and Bob Meet the Wall of Fire and The Prime Number Conspiracy ) and our articles have been translated into several languages.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/DKKWj4sgdMm7Zt7EdiorEG