Posted On: January 26, 2023
Media Organization: Common Ground Committee
Common Ground Committee (CGC) seeks to bring healing to the national challenges of polarization and incivility, inspiring and motivating the public to find common ground. To achieve our goal of “More Progress, Less Division,” we host public forums with prominent leaders, demonstrating how influential people of opposing views can unexpectedly find agreement without compromising core values. We provide innovative content and tools that empower individuals, and consequently their political leaders, to do the same.
The Associate Producer will work primarily with the SVP of Production and Development to assist in all aspects of live and virtual event production and video production, including researching and pitching podcast and forum ideas, booking podcasts and forums, assisting in script writing, and producing. Candidate must be an avid follower of news and political issues, fiercely accurate and detail oriented.
Common Ground Committee, a nonpartisan nonprofit, inspires action on difficult issues through discussions with prominent leaders in podcasts and public forums to find common ground on which solutions can be built. CGC is free of political agenda and financial influence; we have a singular focus of bringing light, not heat, to public discourse.
Candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Book and research guests and conduct telephone interviews under the guidance of the SVP of Production and Development when necessary
- Research and develop forum issues
- Solid research skills
- Maintain and build on existing contacts for future bookings
- Develop sources and strong relationships with potential guests in a professional manner
- Assist in all aspects of live and virtual forum productions, and video production
- Shooting MOS’s
- Meet with staffers on Capitol Hill to develop relationships
- Washington DC Congressional/leadership contacts
- Prior experience writing VO’s and VOSOTs
- Ability to cut video and create graphics a plus, but not mandatory
- Solid editorial judgment along with ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong research and organizational skills are essential
- Past guest booking experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in journalism; production experience in digital, streaming or broadcast environment
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19
This is a remote working environment, but travel for live forums will be required.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter if interested.