Posted On: February 1, 2023
Media Organization:United Nations
Rooted in the United Nations Charter and guided by the transformative 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA) upholds the development pillar of the United Nations.
We bring the global community together to work towards common solutions to the world’s most pressing problems. We help countries translate their global commitments into national action in the economic, social and environmental spheres.
UN DESA is a pioneer of sustainable development and the home of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), where each goal finds its space and where all stakeholders can do their part to leave no one behind. We are a leading analytical voice for promoting inclusion, reducing inequalities and eradicating poverty, and a champion for tearing down the barriers that keep people in poverty.
UN DESA helps countries make informed decisions by providing a wealth of information through our publications and databases and through our support for international deliberations at the United Nations General Assembly, Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), Commissions, Forums and other bodies.
The position (not eligible for credit at NYU) is located in the Financing for Sustainable Development Office (FSDO) in the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs and is for a period of two (2) months, with an opportunity for extension up to a total of six (6) months, depending on the needs of the department.
The intern will work under the supervision of Strategic Engagement and Policy Integration Branch (SEPIB). SEPIB leads work on the ECOSOC Forum on Financing for Development follow-up and its preparatory and follow-up activities, including the SDG Investment Fair. The intern will also work with the Policy Analysis and Development Branch (PADB). PADB is the coordinator and substantive editor of the Interagency Task Force on Financing for Development, whose annual Financing for Sustainable Development Report provides a concise overview of progress in implementing the Financing for Development outcomes while also providing recommendations for Member States' consideration at the FfD Forum.
The intern will support FSDO’s communications work in relation to the Financing for Sustainable Development Report, the FFD Forum and the SDG Investment Fair. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Drafting, formatting, editing and posting content (text, photos, documents and multimedia) for promotion of FSDO work (including website and social media);
• Assist with communications materials, including correspondence with Member States and other stakeholders;
• Proposing new projects for the website and social media platforms and identifying opportunities to reach a wider audience;
• Assist in organizing press conferences and other outreach events;
• Provide media support to events organized by the Office;
• Assisting with development and implementation of surveys;
• Monitoring the news and social media for relevant material and mentions;
• Assist in taking photos, preparing videos and other multimedia contents including flyers and quote cards.
Please apply via UN Careers website: https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=199345&Lang=en-US
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.