Posted On: February 22, 2023
Media Organization: Triple Pundit, 3BL Media
For over a decade, TriplePundit has reported on the intersection of people, planet and profit. We make the business case for corporate responsibility, sustainability, and the private sector's role in securing social justice and fair economic opportunities for all.
TriplePundit is part of the 3BL Media network.
Job Description: Editorial Assistant, TriplePundit
Location: Remote - continental U.S.
Salary range: USD $45,000 - $55,000 depending on experience
Do you want to join a forward-thinking team that is making a difference and shaping the future of a well-established and trusted brand? TriplePundit has been at the forefront of reporting on the intersection of people, planet and profit since 2005, and this year it’s embarking on an exciting new editorial strategy and building a new team.
If you’re inspired by the idea of using the power of business for good and have excellent writing and communication skills, TriplePundit is the perfect place for you to join in and make your mark. As an Editorial Assistant, you will work with the Managing Editor to research, assign and edit news stories, as well as support commercial projects and develop compelling content across our digital channels.
If you are passionate about news and current events, and have a commitment to our shared cause of making businesses more sustainable and responsible, this is the job for you!
* Monitoring news developments and industry trends
* Working with the Managing Editor to research, assign and edit news stories for publication
* Developing compelling content for TriplePundit’s digital channels, including occasionally writing articles for publication on TriplePundit.com and contributing to TriplePundit’s email newsletters and social media platforms
* Supporting commercial projects, such as custom content and sponsored content
* Maintaining quality standards in accordance with company guidelines
* Contributing to our overall editorial strategy
* Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or a related field, or equivalent experience
* Excellent writing, editing, communication and organization skills
* Knowledge of SEO best practices
* Experience with digital media channels, such as social media and email
* Passion for sustainability and social responsibility topics
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and content management systems
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment, as well as remotely
* Writing and editing experience, preferably in a newsroom or digital media setting, is preferred.
3BL Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Full Time position
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with 2-3 writing samples (preferably published, but articles written for classwork are also accepted).