Posted On: March 8, 2023
Media Organization:Yeshiva University
The Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law is a leader in legal education, located in Manhattan's Greenwich Village. The law school is renowned for its program in intellectual property, which includes the FAME Center for Fashion, Arts, Media and Entertainment Law. Cardozo Law has a long tradition of public advocacy and is the birthplace of the Innocence Project and the home of our Center for Rights and Justice. Cardozo offers a world-class faculty and encourages creative thinking and innovation in the legal profession. Cardozo provides students with a strong foundation in legal theory combined with practical hands-on experience in a variety of areas including criminal law, civil rights law, and business law. The school prides itself on creating a vibrant and warm community for faculty, staff and students.
A division of Yeshiva University, Cardozo Law School offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans. The law school is a secular institution within a religious university and welcomes people of all religions, ethnic backgrounds, races and sexual identities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job No: 496653
Work Type: Staff Full-time
Department: Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Location: Brookdale Center, 55 Fifth Avenue, NY, NY
The Communications Associate, Alumni Relations Specialist is responsible for writing and editing a wide range of content including a biweekly alumni newsletter, print and digital profiles, social media posts and magazine articles. This individual will assist in managing, writing, editing and publishing website content, as well as attending and covering law school events. As part of a full- service academic communications office, this person will report to the director of digital marketing and communications.
• Coordinate with the Alumni Affairs and Institutional Advancement Departments on digital newsletter writing, editing and publishing
• Assisting in the creation of social media content about faculty and alumni achievements
• Cover law school panels, symposia, and talks writing compelling synopsis, taking photos and publishing online and in digital formats for the wider community
• Assist in digital invitations, writing, editing, gathering photography
• Website management and updates of alumni and other sections
Experience & Educational Background:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Coursework in digital content creation, communications
• 2-5 years of experience in communications, marketing or a related field
• Demonstrated experience working on social media and digital marketing campaigns, with knowledge of best practices for institutions
• Ability to maintain production schedules, working with other departments, delivering results on schedule
• Experience with website management in Drupal CMS preferred
• Proven ability to juggle multiple assignments
Skills & Competencies:
• Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills
• A keen eye for narrative story development within an academic community
• Strong interviewing skills
• Knowledge of and interest in social justice and other legal issues such as intellectual property, technology law and business law
• Professional social media and digital marketing knowledge and capability
• Comfortable working with Word, Excel, Drupal, Adobe, Photoshop, CMS systems such as Hubspot
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management & organizational skills
Resume and cover letter required
$65,000 - $70,000
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3962443