Posted On: November 17, 2023
Media Organization: Capital for Climate
Capital for Climate is a B-Corp focused on scaling investment in climate solutions according to the science-based roadmaps for meeting emission reduction and biodiversity protection goals by 2050. Our best-in-class investment intelligence platform and weekly newsletter help inform investors on the current state of the climate investment field, and our regional investment collaboratives enable partnerships between investors and innovative climate entrepreneurs and project developers.
Detailed information about our work can be found at www.capitalforclimate.com
Capital for Climate (C4C) is seeking a dedicated Climate Investment Newsletter Writer and Content Manager who understands the needs of our investor client base and who will grow our newsletter readership and platform subscribership by an order of magnitude.
Newsletter Related Tasks:
- Research, write and edit C4C’s weekly newsletter covering recent dealflow, investments, scientific research, regulatory changes and other news throughout the Nature-based Solutions and Climate Investment sector.
- Keep up to date with the cutting edge of the climate solutions space and discover new opportunities, emerging trends and innovative approaches to decarbonization and nature based solutions
- Build new sections of the newsletter, such as: solicited opinion pieces, in depth analysis of hot topics, and interviews with strategic partners and global experts in the field
- Develop partnerships with select newsletters and do-tanks in this space to strategically cross post content and cross promote readership
- Develop a compelling “voice” for the newsletter
- Create and execute a social media strategy to grow engaged readership 5X
- Analyze reader feedback to improve newsletter performance and intelligence platform adoption
Manage C4C’s overall online presence:
- Regularly post on our LinkedIn page and engage with other organizations and influencers in the climate solutions space
- Prepare press releases regarding upcoming events and updates to C4C’s offerings
- Work with others to develop a cohesive brand style across all of our publications and platforms
- Manage internal content libraries
Innovate and collaborate with the C4C team:
- Work with Head of Product to develop content for C4C’s climate solution intelligence platform
- Develop new initiatives in collaboration with your colleagues
- Streamline work processes for efficiency and team communication
- A financial journalism or financial research and writing background with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
Significant time compiling/writing newsletters is preferred
- Experience creating content (writing, infographics) for a sophisticated investor audience
- Computer proficiency and experience with data analysis and visualization
- Social media proficiency and desire to enhance digital marketing capabilities
- Inherent curiosity and interest in climate action and nature-based solutions
- A SWAN mentality (Smart, hard Working, Ambitious & Nice)
Working conditions and compensation:
This is a remote position on a globally distributed team. This position is 40 hours a week. We offer competitive hourly compensation commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume, a brief cover letter and 1-2 page writing sample, preferably a newsletter segment, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and CC email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applications, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. C4C is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.