Posted On: September 15, 2010
Media Organization:Fox News Channel
Ideal candidates will possess excellent troubleshooting skills utilizing logical processes and basic knowledge of Operating Systems, including Windows and Unix-based, as well as various backup software packages. The candidate must possess the ability to clearly communicate technical topics both verbally and in writing. Basic familiarity with computer networking protocols is required. They should be able to work independently to prioritize tasks and ensure accurate completion of tasks. Strong desire to provide world-class customer support is essential to the success of Hardware Technician candidate.
• PC / Laptop hardware and software builds.
• Perform technical analysis and basic troubleshooting of all common pc hardware.
• Provide limited OS and backup software support .
• Take corrective action to provide timely resolution of technical problems .
• Complete large scale equipment requests in a timely fashion according to strict deadlines.
• Hardware shop must be kept organized for easy inventory.
• Image builds.
• Responsible for frequent pc moves and floor setups/installations.
• Candidate should be able to lift about 50 lbs without issue.
• Experience and familiarity with Apple.
• Some travel and OT may be required.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or applicable professional work experience
• Certifications such as A+, Network+, MCSE, etc a plus
EOE Interested applicants please send resumes to:
Fox News Channel
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036