Posted On: September 15, 2010
AOL Travel empowers confident travel decision making with the trusted and relevant travel guides, travel news and features. We help our audience decide where to go, what to do and where to stay through original location overviews, editor recommendations, articles, photogalleries and video.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the top Travel Information sites on the web. You should have experience developing content strategy – and putting that strategy into action. You should be a top-notch writer and editor with related experience at a major publication, comfortable with owning editorial programs and familiar with what makes content on the web compelling, engaging and able to drive important business metrics. You should be full of ideas and energy and passionate about travel. We welcome team players and team leaders who will help us grow!
• Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of channel subject matter, multi-media communications, the online industry, the market and the audience
• Creates channel editorial strategy, including documentation and guidelines
• Understands our consumer audience and segments. Develops a tone and voice that speaks directly to each of these audiences.
• Oversees the ideation, planning, development, quality standards and creation of editorial programs
• Builds, develops and manages team and extended staff of writers and editors
• Grows audience and increases audience engagement with the site, integrating SEO and social media best practices
• Serves as a channel evangelist. Actively participates in press, industry and internal opportunities to drive awareness and knowledge about the channel's vision
• Monitors performance of content against key metrics to continually optimize content and consumer experience
• Maximizes editorial efficiency by developing programs that drive revenue and managing to content budget
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• 7-10 years of writing and editing experience with a strong consumer editorial background online or in magazines and newspapers
• Travel experience: Must have a strong feel for the Travel industry, including previous experience working within a related industry position. Large network of freelance and industry contacts
• Editorial vision, creativity and energy: Takes a leadership role in developing the site's focus
• Technical ability: Strong understanding of web technologies, including publishing and content management systems, HTML and Photoshop. And, the ability to learn new tools quickly
• Excellent communication skills: Written and verbal. Ability to serve as a travel expert to the news media
• Goal-oriented: Demonstrates initiative and provides solutions. Juggles multiple tasks to meet deadlines. Measures performance and makes appropriate adjustments.
• Previous experience working in organizations where matrix inter-dependence is required, navigating cross-functional relationships collaboratively and efficiently
Please email resume to email@example.com