Posted On: September 15, 2010
AOL Travel empowers confident travel decision making with the trusted and relevant travel guides, travel news and features. We help our audience decide where to go, what to do and where to stay through original location overviews, editor recommendations, articles, photogalleries and video.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the top Travel Information sites on the web. You will be responsible developing, producing and maintaining web content and should have related experience at a major publication. You should be familiar with what makes content on the web engaging and a strong attention to detail to ensure the accuracy and quality of our content. You should be full of ideas and energy and passionate about travel. We welcome team players and team leaders who will help us grow!
- Contributes to the creation of editorial programs by developing pitches and researching story ideas
- Manages editorial content to consistent tone and voice that speaks to our consumer audience and segments.
- Manages content franchises to regular production schedules
- Writes and edits content on an as-needed basis
- Ensures the accuracy of AOL Travel content through rigorous fact-checking
- Publishes editorial content on the site
- Integrates social media and SEO best practices to grow audience and increase audience engagement
- Participates in regular editorial / team meetings
- Monitors performance of content against key metrics to continually optimize content and consumer experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 4-6 years of writing and editing experience with a strong consumer editorial background online or in magazines and newspapers
- Travel experience: A strong feel for travel and a demonstrated interest in the subject. Previous experience working within a related industry position a plus
- Editorial experience: Able to juggle multiple tasks and work in a deadline-driven environment
- Technical ability: Strong understanding of web technologies, including publishing and content management systems, HTML and Photoshop. And, the ability to learn new tools quickly
- Excellent communication skills: Written and verbal
- Familiarity with Social Media and SEO best practices
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality standards
Please email resume to email@example.com