Posted On: November 1, 2010
Media Organization: The CPA Journal
The New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) is one of the largest state accounting organizations in the nation with more than 27,000 members. It was incorporated in 1897 for the following purposes:
To cultivate, promote, and disseminate knowledge and information concerning certified public accountants.
To establish and maintain high standards of integrity, honor, and character among certified public accountants.
To furnish information regarding accountancy and the practice and methods thereof to its members and the general public.
To protect the interests of its members and the general public with respect to the practice of accountancy.
• Log newly received manuscripts into the CPAJ database.
• Redact and send out manuscripts to the assigned reviewers.
• Send manuscripts to authors for revision or back to reviewers for a second review of revisions, as necessary.
• Enter reviews received into the database.
• Send acceptance, rejection, or request revision letters to authors.
• Send copyright assignment forms out to authors whose manuscripts have been accepted for publication. When completed copyright letters are received, log into the database and file.
• Send reminder notices to outstanding reviewers as necessary.
Other support duties:
• Mail complimentary copies each month to authors published in that issue.
• Compile Annual Index after each issue is published.
• Process requests for reprint permissions.
• Experience and knowledge commensurate with an undergraduate (B.A. or B.S.) or graduate (M.A. or M.S.) degree or degree-in-progress in journalism, English, communications, or publishing.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word and Excel/Access)
• Proficient in Internet usage.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
Please email resume to email@example.com with Part-time PA in subject line