Posted On: November 5, 2010
Media Organization: ALM Media
ALM, an integrated media company, is a leading provider of specialized business news and information, focused primarily on the legal and commercial real estate sectors. ALM’s market-leading brands include The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, GlobeSt.com, Insight Conferences, Law.com, Law Journal Press, LegalTech, The National Law Journal and Real Estate Forum. Headquartered in New York City, ALM was formed in 1997. For more information, visit www.alm.com
Corporate Counsel/corpcounsel.com seeks a savvy, experienced reporter to cover intellectual property law, with an emphasis on its impact on the country’s biggest companies.
• Duties include reporting and writing daily news stories for our Web site and blog, as well as producing feature articles for the print magazine, and collaborating on industry-wide surveys and special projects.
• Ability to develop sources, conceive story ideas, juggle multiple tasks, and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom environment required, as is strong news judgment.
• Must have 3-5 years of experience—at least some of it daily—reporting on some combination of law, business, technology, and pharmaceutical industry.
• Law degree a plus, but not necessary.
• Writing with flair, attitude, and accuracy is a must.
ALM places a high value on employees and strives to be an employer of choice. To that end we offer competitive salaries, professional growth opportunities, and a comprehensive selection of benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and life insurance options.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ALM is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity. M/F/D/V
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ALM is an equal oppo