Posted On: March 31, 2011
Media Organization: ALM Media
ALM, an integrated media company, is a leading provider of specialized business news and information, focused primarily on the legal and commercial real estate sectors. ALM’s market-leading brands include The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, GlobeSt.com, Insight Conferences, Law.com, Law Journal Press, LegalTech, The National Law Journal and Real Estate Forum. Headquartered in New York City, ALM was formed in 1997. For more information, visit www.alm.com.
Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/almjobs
Reporter for Corporate Real Estate Group
• Provide breaking news, daily articles and features on the commercial real estate markets for the web. Focus especially on the Northeast area.
• Responsible for generating increased traffic utilizing SEO best practices;
• Adhere to performance expectations for web content;
• Edit copy and input daily articles into online content management system
• Edit copy and provide periodic articles for digital newsletter and monthly print publication
• Cover press conferences and meetings (Expand digital content with Twitter feeds, photos)
• Conduct in-person and telephone interviews with sources
• Represent company at industry functions and networking events;
• Develop relationships with the appropriate contacts and firms in the market
• Work with the Real Estate Group editorial, creative services, conference, sales and marketing staff on long-term projects and initiatives
• Help out during magazine production cycles with page proofing as necessary.
• Minimum two years reporting/journalism experience
• Must understand digital content, SEO applications, integration of digital/print/in-person content
• Must be able to write clearly, engagingly and authoritatively—and on a deadline
• Must be able to establish and nurture relationships with key contacts in the commercial real estate, business community and local political communities
• Must be able to produce and present news on a multimedia platform
• Must be versatile and work as a team player
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ALM is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity. M/F/D/V