Posted On: April 7, 2011
Media Organization: ALM Media
ALM, an integrated media company, is a leading provider of specialized business news and information, focused primarily on the legal and commercial real estate sectors. ALM’s market-leading brands include The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, GlobeSt.com, Insight Conferences, Law.com, Law Journal Press, LegalTech, The National Law Journal and Real Estate Forum. Headquartered in New York City, ALM was formed in 1997. For more information, visit www.alm.com.
Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/almjobs
The American Lawyer is a prize-winning monthly magazine that reports on the business of the major law firms in the United States and, increasingly, around the world.
We are looking for a Web Editor its Web site.
The Web Editor will be responsible for assigning and editing daily online content, both breaking news and commentary, for the Web and daily newsletters, as well as coordinating with other Web sites in the company and the monthly print magazine. The web editor should have a thorough understanding of the importance of The American Lawyer brand to its influential, thought-leading consumers.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Must have demonstrated multi-media/platform experience.
• Five years of experience as a business journalist; experience with legal affairs desirable.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as familiarity and high comfort level with technology.
• Must be highly detail oriented & organized.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
• Must have high energy, sharp editorial judgment, and a good eye for design.
• Ability to work well with a variety of personalities and contribute to an overall collaborative environment.
• Familiarity with content management systems and blogging platforms is desirable.
ALM places a high value on employees and strives to be an employer of choice. To that end we offer competitive salaries, professional growth opportunities, and a comprehensive selection of benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and life insurance options.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements and include position code WETA-CO in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ALM Media is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity. M/F/D/V