Posted On: April 7, 2011
Media Organization: ALM Media
ALM, an integrated media company, is a leading provider of specialized business news and information, focused primarily on the legal and commercial real estate sectors. ALM’s market-leading brands include The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, GlobeSt.com, Insight Conferences, Law.com, Law Journal Press, LegalTech, The National Law Journal and Real Estate Forum. Headquartered in New York City, ALM was formed in 1997. For more information, visit www.alm.com.
Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/almjobs
Junior Staff Reporter
The American Lawyer is a prize-winning monthly magazine that reports on the business of the major law firms in the United States and, increasingly, around the world. We are looking for a Junior Staff Reporter for its print publication and Web site.
• Reporting and writing stories for the print and online editions of The American Lawyer.
• Developing sources, gathering news, and supporting stories in other areas of the magazine and on the web.
• Establishing and broadening a base industry contacts.
• Identifying and acting on story opportunities.
• Bachelors Degree in Journalism, English or related field of study.
• Three years of legal and/or business journalism experience.
• Ability to develop ongoing source relationships.
• Strong reporting and writing skills.
• Good interviewing skills.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Strong nose for news.
• Able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
ALM places a high value on employees and strives to be an employer of choice. To that end we offer competitive salaries, professional growth opportunities, and a comprehensive selection of benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and life insurance options. Qualified candidates should submit resume, cover letter, salary requirements for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position code SRTA in the subject line. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ALM is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and values diversity. M/F/D/V For more information, please go to our website: www.alm.com Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/almjobs