Posted On: June 24, 2011
Media Organization: Sageworks, Inc.
Sageworks is a leading financial technology and information firm with headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina (www.sageworksinc.com). Our patented, web-based technology rapidly analyzes financial information and uses artificial intelligence to aggregate and interpret financial data on privately-held companies. Thousands of accounting firms and financial institutions use Sageworks’ software and financial data in their operations. Accounting firms use Sageworks’ software to automate audit requirements and consult their clients, while banks use our technology to improve profitability and manage risk in their loan portfolios. We have been recognized by Inc. Magazine and Deloitte as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the U.S. Sageworks is a deliberately unique environment and culture that is casual but extremely results-oriented. We hire assertive, directed individuals who are goal-oriented and are committed to our vision of changing how financial information is used by business people.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our team as Director of Public Relations. The position is based in New York City. The Director of Public Relations will be responsible for creating and executing national public relations campaigns for the company with the goal of publicizing Sageworks as the leading provider of privately-held company data. This position entails relationship-building with top national and business news outlets, inclusive of TV, radio, and written publications. The individual will be responsible for high-level planning and direction of the company’s PR strategy as well as execution of the strategic plan, building strategic relationships with news outlets, significantly growing Sageworks’ media presence, and enhancing Sageworks’ national brand awareness. The Director of Public Relations will be responsible for monthly public relations-related goals.
- Leverage Sageworks’ data in order to formulate compelling campaigns to the news media, which will be executed in-house by the Director of PR and Sageworks’ PR team
- Network and build strong relationships with national media outlets
- Contact and work directly with producers, editors, guest bookers, and journalists to schedule interviews and introduce Sageworks
- Identify new strategic relationship opportunities with national media outlets
- Ensure execution of public relations-related exposure goals
- Develop strategic plan for enhancing Sageworks’ national brand through media relations
- Proactively identify communications opportunities and develop supporting campaigns
- At least 3-5 years of PR experience with a proven track record in a fast-paced environment. Business & financial PR experience a strong plus
- Proven success developing relationships and generating national media exposure
- Outstanding ability to network
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities and self-motivation
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong sense of urgency
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strategic thinker who excels at coming up with original ideas and is able to execute
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.