Posted On: July 19, 2011
Media Organization: Erbach Communications Group
ECG is a full-service communications firm that specializes in branded content and campaigns for the non-profit sector, mostly in education and health care.
Position description: Full-time writer to support timely production of ECG produced publications, sustained public relations efforts and other branding and marketing efforts as needed.
• Demonstrated talent for crafting well-rounded, interesting articles and features that underscore the mission or message of the client/institution in a variety of media, including print and digital communication.
• Demonstrated ability in building a public relations campaign and developing rapport with media as well as the successful execution of public relations strategies.
• Capability to translate the essence of an idea into a branded concept and demonstrated ability in executing advertising copy, headlines and other promotions materials.
• Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
• Great disposition to learning new web-based technologies and adapting social media strategies in a way that benefits or meets client needs.
• Interview subjects for publications as well as other marketing, branding and public relations efforts.
• Research stories and background material needed to successfully produce stories and other collateral material.
• Craft stories and articles for print publications as well as other marketing material such as brochures, newsletters, Web copy in deadline driven environment.
• Edit and proofread copy.
• Work with Associate Creative Director (ACD) on developing public relations strategy and successful story pitches.
• Draft press releases and media advisories that capture the attention of targeted media.
• Follow up on press releases to media and all necessary coordination with media, Account Executive (AE) and Client to ensure smooth event and/or successful campaign.
• Research, nurture and develop media contacts for sustained public relations efforts on the behalf of ECG clients.
• Draft copy for ads and other promotion and marketing material as needed.
Ideal candidate is also:
• Deadline and results driven
• Team player
• Thrives in a collaborative environment
• Poised, articulate and diplomatic — in this position you will be representing the client to major stakeholders and constituencies, a well as representing the client’s interests to the media.
Please submit resume and three clips/writing samples to cindy at erbachcom.com.