Posted On: July 29, 2011
Media Organization: Know Your Meme
Know Your Meme is an online database & video series dedicated to documenting and researching Internet memes and cultures. We’re part of the Cheezburger Network, one of the world’s largest online humor and entertainment destination with dozens of sites including I Can Has Cheezburger?, FAIL Blog, Memebase, and The Daily What.
Cheezburger is looking for a self-driven, dedicated researcher to join the Know Your Meme editorial staff starting in August 2011!
An ideal candidate should be familiar with Wikipedia-style formatting, keeps up with popular Internet blogs and community sites and has a background in journalism or publishing. Previous experience with online researching, blogging and social networking services is a major plus. Some of the core qualities we’re looking for:
• Strong copy-editing skills, previous experience in publishing or newswriting preferred
• Basic HTML skills, working knowledge in image-editing software like Photoshop
• Ability to follow up with editors to ensure accurate and timely publication
• Ability to multi-task across the site and to prioritize with minimal direction
• Genuine interest & willingness to participate in discussions and interact with online community
This is a full-time position at our Flatiron office in NYC with a salary, health benefits, PTO, holiday pay, stock options and transportation stipend. To be considered, please email your resume, cover letter and include any links to personal websites or projects in the body of the email. Address cover letter to editor Brad Kim: email@example.com