Posted On: January 4, 2012
Media Organization: Council on Foreign Relations
Though the Council on Foreign Relations is primarily a think tank, the news team at CFR.org provides needed news analysis and explanatory journalism on foreign policy in a world that grows more complex by the minute. For our efforts, we have one a number of news awards, including two Emmys and an Overseas Press Club award, as well as being nominated for many others for our multimedia work. Our current content partners include the Atlantic, Huffington Post, and CNN.
The responsibilities of the intern include (but are not limited to):
• Working in CFR's content management system to code and edit pieces for the site.
• Photo research and cropping.
• Assisting with research for news and interactive multimedia projects.
• Transcription of interviews.
• Undergraduate or graduate student focusing on international relations and/or journalism.
• Previous administrative, journalism, and web experience; multimedia experience a plus.
• Excellent editing and writing skills
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Familiarity and facility with online research.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; HTML skills a plus.
• Ability to work independently or on a team.
CFR internships are unpaid. A modest stipend is offered upon completion of the internship.
We are looking for someone who can work a full day on Mondays and Thursday and another four hours on a day of their choice.
Interested candidates should send resumes, cover letters, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.