Posted On: January 4, 2012
Media Organization: NewsCred, Inc.
NewsCred connects audiences with the world’s best journalism.
With over 700 of the world’s highest quality news sources – ranging from international newspapers to bloggers and independent magazines – we provide publishers and brands with fully licensed, full text articles, photos and videos from sources like The Economist, Forbes, Telegraph, The Guardian, McClatchy/Tribune Newspapers, Bloomberg, Reuters, the LA Times and more.
We’re reinventing the current news model by licensing, customizing and delivering high quality content cheaper, smarter and easier.
Every day, our technology platform and in-house editorial team filters and curates thousands of articles for each of our clients’ specific needs and interests - however broad or niche. With 1 platform, 1 license and 1 bill, we make it easy to buy, easy to manage and easy to increase revenues.
Are you passionate about how technology is shaping the future of journalism? Are you obsessed with reading and learning about the industry? Are you a creative, innovative and future-forward thinker and writer?
If so, we want to talk to you. Early this year, we're launching a new website and want to completely rethink how we promote our blog.
How can you help?
- Maintain the NewsCred editorial calendar
- Write short daily blog posts (1 quick paragraph a day) on something interesting happening in the news about the news
- Every other week, write a longer thought / "how-to" piece about how you can use technology is shaping the future of journalism
- Rally guest contributors to join the effort
- Sync up our Facebook, Linked In, Twitter and blog activity
- Note: you'll have the opportunity to work with our creative directors to turn this blog into a full-blown online publication for Q2 2012. We'll give you the guidance you need, but the position is flexible with tons of room to grow
What does the job entail?
Up to 20 hours per week (we're flexible around your schedule)
Working at our office under the supervision of the Marketing Director
So what exactly is our blog about?
We see a huge opportunity for publishers and brands to leverage quality journalism, innovative technologies and creative content marketing strategies – to get noticed, build trust, create a better brand experience and drive sales. Our blog should address these opportunities and provide a useful point of view for how to make them actionable.
Who will you work with?
We're a team of 20 people across 3 countries (NY, Bangladesh and London). We're developers and engineers, PHD's and sales people, marketers and journalists, editors and technologists. Best of all, we have a lot of fun - we're all hardworking, young, creative and energetic.
Please email email@example.com with your resume, writing sample(s) and short cover letter.